This DF Robot digital speaker module is based on the 8002 speaker amplifier IC. It can be used as a buzzer and also play high quality audio. Volume output is controlled via the potentiometer (the blue bit….)
- Operating voltage: 2.0 – 5.5V
- Interface Type: Digital
- Module size: 40mm x 40mm/ 1.57 inches x 1.57 inches
- Support Gravity interface
- Power rating (Speaker component): 0.5W
- Impedance (Speaker component): 8 ohm
How does it work?
The part of the loudspeaker which generates the sound is the metal diaphragm which can be seen though the holes in the case. The small analogue signal (a musical note or frequency) generated by the Kookaberry is amplified by a popular digital amplifier known as an 8002 IC.
Click on the Schematic box in the Sidebar to see the circuit diagram of the IC.
The amplified signal (still in analogue form) vibrates the metal diaphragm to produce the sound wave.
Where are they used?