The Kookaberry is a digital system on a board. It assists teachers deliver Australian Curriculum Technologies content descriptions for Years 5-6 band, and Stage 3 outcomes in the NSW Science and Technology K-6 Syllabus.
ACARA Technologies Content Descriptions (Yrs 5/6)
- ACTDIK014 : Examine the main components of common digital systems and how they may connect together to form networks to transmit data
- ACTDIK015 Examine how whole numbers are used to represent all data in digital systems
- ACTDIP016: Acquire, store and validate different types of data, and use a range of software to interpret and visualise data to create information.
- ACTDEK020: Investigate how electrical energy can control movement, sound or light in a designed product or system
STAGE 3 NSW Science and Technology Syllabus Outcomes (Yrs K-6)
- ST3-11DI-T: Explains how digital systems represent data, connect together to form networks and transmit data.
- ST3-2DP-T: Plans and uses materials, tools and equipment to develop solutions for a need or opportunity
- ST3-3DP-T: Defines problems, and designs, modifies and follows algorithms to develop solutions
- ST3-1WS-S: Plans and conducts scientific investigations to answer testable questions, and collects and summarises data to communicate conclusions